- Third Wednesday of the month at 4:30 pm
- City of Ruidoso Downs Downs, Hubbard Room, 123 Downs Drive, Ruidoso Downs, NM 88346
Special Meetings may be held at other dates and times as are deemed necessary in order to carry out the business of the City Events and Beautification Committee.PURPOSE
The Beautification Committee serves as an advisory committee to the Mayor and City Council on matters pertaining to the appearance and beautification of the city and receives no compensation. The Beautification Committee is responsible for:
- Coordinating and assisting in the design, planting, and maintenance of planting beds in the City's parks, along roadways, and around City’s buildings.
- Organizing and hosting the City of Ruidoso Downs Clean-up and several events.
- Recommending to the Mayor and City Council in relation to parks and beautification to the end that a systematic program in relation thereto becomes effective both as to the present and future betterment of the City.
The Committee consists of five (5) persons all of whom must be residents of the City of Ruidoso Downs, appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the City Council, each serving two-year terms.Judy Miller, Vice Chairman
Bonnie Richardson, Secretary
You too can help support the City of Ruidoso Downs's Beautification effort in one or more ways:
- Become a Committee Member
- Adopt and maintain a planting bed.
- Help with preparation, planting, and clean-up of beds on designated group days.
- Use your talents in areas, such as fundraising, promotion, taking photos, and in coordination of committee activities.
- Donate supplies, plants, and refreshments on group planting/clean-up days.
In addition, we accept donations throughout the year.
The mission of the Beautification Committee is to enhance the quality of life in our city through the planning and management of the city’s valuable landscape assets. The committee promotes community pride and involvement through beautification projects by forming cooperative partnerships with individual volunteers, schools, businesses, and the Mayor and City Council.
For more information on this Committee or to apply for membership, please contact the City Clerk’s office at 575-378-4422.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
2022 Agenda6 documents
2023 Agenda11 documents
- January 18th, 2023 Meeting
- February 22nd, 2023 Meeting
- February 15th, 2023 Cancellation Meeting
- March 7th, 2023 Meeting
- April 2023 Meeting Agenda
- May 17th, 2023 Meeting
- May Agenda Cancellation
- June 21st, 2023 Meeting
- June 21st Cancellation Meeting
- August 16th, 2023 Meeting
- September 20, 2023 Meeting