ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BOARD MISSION STATEMENT
To enhance the quality of life for the residents of Ruidoso Downs by promoting
progressive economic development and diversification, supporting the improvement
of infrastructure and municipal services, attracting professional services
and educational/training resources, and assisting in the development of
varied housing options and recreational facilities to benefit the entire
community and visitors to this area.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND DIVERSIFICATION GOAL
Strengthen the economy of Ruidoso Downs by expanding and diversifying the
commercial, industrial and service sectors, which will also expand the tax
base and bring in new capital investment to the community.
1. To diversify and enhance the local economy by supporting
the expansion of existing businesses and the development of new businesses,
and promote the development of area businesses and attractions that will
take advantage of the increased Highway 70 traffic.
2. To support the development of a light industrial park.
3. To promote interaction between public and private sectors
in the development of new business and expansion of existing businesses.
4. To clarify local ordinances affecting economic development
in order to improve and streamline the various processes businesses and
developers must undertake to obtain necessary governmental approvals.
5. To maintain and foster relationships with adjacent communities,
the County Commission, and the Mescalero Apache Tribe.
6. Identify ordinances that hinder economic development
and act as an advisory board to the council to recommend appropriate changes.
INFRASTRUCTURE AND MUNICIPAL SERVICES GOAL
Assist in the expansion and coordination of municipal services and infrastructure
to meet the needs of local businesses, promote the development of new businesses,
and provide citizens with a central municipal facility, which will support
the ideal of community participation and civic pride.
1. To improve and develop municipal recreational facilities.
2. To support the development of a central municipal building,
park and community recreational and meeting center.
3. To support the development of a library and computer
HOUSING AND RECREATIONAL FACILITIES GOAL
Assist in the development of new housing and other housing options in order
to attract and maintain a viable workforce for this area and support the
development of new recreational venues for both local residents and visitors.
1. To support the development of affordable housing for
the area workforce.
2. To coordinate with private developers to develop new
venues which will attract non-resident participants.
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICES GOAL
To promote the development of a professional park to attract professional
services providers to meet the needs of local residents without having to
leave the area. Coordinate and support interaction between educational resources
and area businesses in order to develop training programs to meet the workforce
needs of existing and new businesses.
1. To support the development of a professional park, to
attract professional service providers to the area.
2. To support interaction between educational resources
and area businesses to develop work force training to meet the needs of